Passive Chaos Walk

Discussion in 'User Submissions' started by goodstuff, Oct 5, 2013.

1. goodstuff

goodstuff Well-Known Member

Hey all, I've put some time into this passive chaos walk script and it seems to be more than decent.

It does a great job of staying back and out of trouble, but if it "does" happen to die it should release and continue on with the run.

You MUST give your walker a Tome of Town Portal and maybe some gold to keep it filled.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
    Passive Chaos Walk Here - ver 1.07
    • Add Script to D2NT\scripts\NTBot\bots folder, Save as PassiveChaosWalk with .ntj extension.
    • Open NTConfig.ntl located in D2NT\scripts\NTBot\char_configs folder, add this at the bottom
      Code:
      // Passive Chaos Walk
      var DiablosXP;
      var StartEntrance;
      var silent;
      var DeathPhrase;
      var DiabloDeathMsg;
      var NTConfig_LeechType;
    • Open your char config you want to run the script and add this under // Boss Configuration
      Code:
          NTConfig_Script.push("PassiveChaosWalk.ntj");
              silent = true;    //Bot runs silent w/o saying anything, does not override DeathPhrase
              DiablosXP = true;    //catch Diablos xp
              StartEntrance = true;    //Set to true if Leader is starting from Entrance
              DeathPhrase = true;    //Set false if you don't want to use the death phrases
              DiabloDeathMsg = "Diablo is Dead!";    // Only needed if running another script after this one. You must modify your NTChaosSanctuary.ntj and add this msg after KillMonster(243); Use : PubSay("Diablo is Dead!");
              NTConfig_LeechType = 0; // 0 = passive walker, 1 = leech fighter.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

NTChaosSanctary.ntj Here - Protects the walker as it clears.
    • Replace original with this script. (Recommended but not required)

Tips/Notes
    • Walker Should :
      • have a Tome of Town Portal
      • set chicken and etal chicken to 0
      • set CheckSelfSafe = [];
    • Leader Should :
      • Use IdInField = true; //helps but not required
    Note : If the Chaos Leader is Starting from Entrance, So should the Walker!

Credits :
    Monty, added his Death Phrase addon to this script
    Kolton, I always make good use of his functions ;)
    Joe likes this.
  2. nilknarf

nilknarf Staff Member Community Support

very nice .. i setup all the lines and additions .. ill test this tomorrow making bumpers lol
  3. goodstuff

Good Deal, if you're running everything on the same computer try using the ChaosSanctuary script I've added.

New Version - 1.01

Walkers should hit less walls/corners.
    Now needs to start from Star
    Added ChaosSanctuary script for leader for better protection.
  4. nilknarf

you should pm the mod team and have this added to the next revision .. it worked ok with the bots chaos file .. i didnt try yours so im assuming it will work even better .. good work :D
  5. goodstuff

Thanks ;) Newest version should be even better!

New Version - 1.02
    • Added back in the possibility to start from Entrance.
    • Fixed a few issues on the North Wing
      • new boss position, no longer leaves area before boss is dead
    • Added in small movements in West and East wing blocks
    • Updated Chaos Script to help protect if starting from Entrance (Star is still Recommended)
    Getting closer and much safer, Walkers shouldn't be running into walls or corners anymore if starting from Star.
  6. goodstuff

New Version - 1.03
    • Rescripted North wing positioning and added movement to help catch xp
    • Updated Chaos Script
      • better timed and less checks on the walker
      • should correctly telestomp when it does check the walker
    This is about as good as it gets, as far as starting from the Star. If I update this again, it will be to better script movement from Entrance.
  7. goodstuff

Final Version - 1.04
    • Walker moves sooner after each boss now (helps to catch xp inbetween wings)
    • Scripted movement from Entrance - Must set StartEntrance = true;
    • Added the option to catch Diablos experience - Must set DiablosXP = true;
    This will most likely be the final version of this script, it IS as good as it gets at this point.
  8. goodstuff

I've been testing starting from the Entrance alot and I fixed a few small issues, now the Walker should catch most if not all xp. I wasn't happy leaving it at ver 1.04 with these issues so here ya go ;)

Version - 1.05
    • Corrected a few small issues to maximize XP Gain if starting from Entrance.
    • Updated Chaos Script
      • From Entrance - Better timed and less checks on the Walkers
  9. nilknarf

10. goodstuff

You can just change the variables at the top of the script, if you want to carry them over you can, but you would have to do a few things.

First you would open your NTConfig.ntl and add the variables you want to use from the char configs, then inside the script you would comment/delete them so they don't override your char config settings.

EDIT : I updated my OP to just set the variables from char config, you'll need to grab the script from pastebin again.
  11. Ibra

Ibra Contributor

I tested this for a couple days with a 97 light sorc leading and 7 level 20's following... I had 7 level 60's in a day and a half, lol. Works pretty good.

But, whenever my followers would die, they would stay dead till the leader left to make a new game, then they would just join the next game. Any way to have them get up, and go back to following for the rest of that run?
  12. nilknarf

i never got to test it .. ive been hella bust @ work and home usually im his guinea pig

i know his D2m works damn well tho
  13. Ibra

Ibra Contributor

what's D2m?
  14. nilknarf

his d2monitor it monitors your d2 process and when it freezes it kills it so it can reset
  15. exhale86

exhale86 Contributor

What he wants is for the dead char to release the corpse and get back to leeching.
  16. goodstuff

Ok, It should've been releasing but if it wasn't it should now, I updated the script with a corrected DeathCheck(). Let me know if you're still having problems with them releasing, they should release once the leader is a certain distance away.

Version 1.06 Here
  17. Jeff

Jeff Staff Member D2Etal Developer

Checking in.. Good progress, keep it up and this will make it into Etal since people keep asking for it.

Now if you could possibly merge this and the current passive chaos so you can choose either crawl (current passive), walk (this) or run (helper).... That would be great. Reason being, the less files there are, the better.
  18. nilknarf

vouch id love to see a veritable wakka .. its the one thing kol has that i would love to use on etal
    besides the cast rate mods .. but that cant happen lol
  19. Ibra

Ibra Contributor

Excellent, I'll run that right now. Nothing sux more than checking the bots in the morning, to find that several locked up at 10:00 at night right after going to bed
  20. nilknarf

ive had it open with 4 chars doin baal runs on one loader and not a hitch yet :D

been almost month since i had a freeze